Greetings from PrepDoor!
We hope that you are reading this article in best of your health. In this trend of cut-throat competition, many of the students find themselves in grave stress just before the exam. And this stress piles up on the exam day which results in decreasing the score and put you in danger zone. It is not only you who is going through this phase. Every one of us might have faced such situation on any point in our lives. Moreover, every problem has the solution and same goes with this problem.
First of all lets us find the cause of the stress. It is either the fear of failing or to lose something. Accept it! It is “do or die” not “get there or die”. What if you couldn’t make it (worst case scenario)? You will make it somewhere else where you are destined to be. But we can try to minimize this stress with the help of some suggestions. Here are the few:
- Take sufficient sleep: Always remember, sleep is must for better functioning of your brain. Growth hormones release only while you sleep and memory consolidates in this period. So, less you take the sleep more are the chances to forgetting the important facts.
- Drink ample amount of water: This is directly linked to your health. You can feel bit anxious if you haven’t drink water for long period of time. You can study better if you drink water in every 20-30 minutes and ensure that you have at least 8-10 glass of water.
- Yoga: This Indian art has marked its importance worldwide. Due to its best stress management qualities, meditation is accepted as best solution. Try to mediate for a while. You can either opt to lie down and close your eyes, simply relaxing your body and thinking something positive.
- Listen to the music: Research says that quality music always lift your mood up. Try to listen to some motivational songs which will keep your spirit high.
- Keep your diet healthy: This is true! If you will eat healthy during exam days it will help you to concentrate. Try to avoid fast foods as you can’t afford to fall ill during this taxing time. Eat green vegetables, fruits, green tea etc.
- Power nap can do wonder! You might be surprised but it is the medicine of all time. Take a 15 minute nap after a stretch of 4-5 hours.
You can also consider the Pomodoro technique where you can study for 50 minutes and take a break of 10 minutes. It will not only keep you refreshed but also improve your concentration. You can keep the slot either 50/10 or 25/5 or even 45/15 according to you convenience.
Also talk to you family, friends and loved ones who will always there for you in any hard situation. Talking to them is a stress buster in itself.
Stay happy and healthy!