Staff Selection Commission holds this exam (SSC CGL Exam)for almost all Group B and C posts in Ministries and Departments under Government of India. The process of recruitment is handled by the organization SSC every year in four tiers. Candidates are required to qualify each of the tiers and they should be graduate in any stream to appear in this test.
SSC carries out the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) in four tiers for various posts.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Here we are giving the pattern of tier1 and tier2 exam:
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be held online.
- There will be a descriptive paper is introduced which will be of 100 marks and of 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- The time limit for examination of Tier -I is reduced from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- Sectional cut off will not be there.
Syllabus of CGL is quit unpredictable but is manageable. We will discuss the syllabus of each tier differently.
- Tier 1 Syllabus
It is an objective exam which will be held online. It consists of 4 sections, with 100 questions. Each question will carry 2 marks. Complete exam will be of 200 marks. The subject-wise distribution of marks is given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
|2||General Awareness||25||50||(For VH &Candidates
- Tier 2 Syllabus
Tier 2 exam is also an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are four sections in this Tier with 100 questions and exam will be of 200 marks. Details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- There will be negative marking in Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam.
- One wrong answer to a question will deduct 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3 and 4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Level for Paper 1 Questions will be of 10th standard l, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 on graduation level.
- The computer will be made available by the Commission at the Centre/venue allocated for the exam
- Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board for the purpose.
- Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This will be a descriptive exam to test the working knowledge of the languages opted by the candidates and general writing skills. This exam will be qualifying in nature and carries 100 marks. Exam will be of 60 minutes.
- Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
SSC will hold certain skill tests for particular government jobs.
- Typing Test: This is a qualifying skill test for all the posts, other than Compiler. On a computer with a minimum of 2000 key depressions accurately is required to qualify. The duration of this test is 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- Computer Proficiency Test: SSC will hold CPT, to check candidates’ familiarity with-MS Word, Power Point and MS Excel. This is also a qualifying test.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Preparation
Filling examination form for any notification is a different thing and preparing for this is another. If you prepare well for this exam, there are many chances to get the success and a reputed job. The main part of this preparation is mock tests and practice papers. You can go through the PrepDoor mock tests to get the detail analysis of your performance.
Here is the link to Mock Tests: https://www.prepdoor.com/ssc-cgl-tier-2/test-package and https://www.prepdoor.com/ssc-cgl-tier-1/test-package