Education Qualification – Under IBPS PO Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2017 Candidates must have completed their Graduation Degree from any recognized university or institution. Participants also required their mark sheet numbers while they submit IBPS PO online form 2017.
Nationality / Citizenship – Participants must have this citizenship which is given below.
- Citizen of Indian
- Citizen of Nepal
- Citizen of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee
- Migrated Peoples from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit – Under IBPS Eligibility Criteria for PO 2017 Interested candidates must have age between 20 – 30 years.
|Sr. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs)||5 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
The Preliminary paper is distinguished by the fact that it has only three sections and is likely to be easier than the Main paper. However the 1 hour duration in which you need to attempt 100 questions ensures that the paper will be a competitive one. Here is the section-wise structure of the two papers.
|Section||No. of Qs.||Max Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
- : Every section (except English Language) in the paper will be available in Hindi as well.
- : Each wrong answer deducts 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question from your total. In this case, since each question is worth 1 mark, you lose ¼ marks per wrong answer.
- : Each section has an individual cut-off. Besides this, there is a minimum overall score decided by the IBPS after the results are tallied, that you need to cross to move to the next round. Qualifying the Prelims in this way gets you to the Main Exam. And securing the Mains cut-off qualifies you for the Interview round.
The questions that will be asked can be from any of the following mentioned topics. So go through the syllabus thoroughly which will give you a proper idea of the expected questions from each of the sections.
Questions in this section can be asked from following topics -
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time, work and wages
- Time & Distance
- Boats and Streams
- Permutation, Combination
- Age based problems
Following topics can be asked from this section -
- Seating Arrangement
- Syllogism (New as well as old pattern)
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding (New as well as old pattern)
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test
- Data sufficiency
- Inequality (Coded and Direct)
- Logical Reasoning
- Blood Relation
- Direction sense
You might come across following topics in this section -
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test (New as well as old pattern)
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting (New as well as old pattern)
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles (New as well as old pattern)
- Sentence/ Paragraph completion