1. Sets, Relations, and Functions
2. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
3. Matrices and Determinants
4. Permutations and Combinations
5. Mathematical Induction
6. Binomial Theorem
7. Sequences and Series
8. Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
9. Integral Calculus
10. Differential Equations
11. Co-ordinate Geometry
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. Statistics and Probability
1. The States of Matter
2. Atomic Structure
3. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
4. Chemical Thermodynamics
7. Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
8. Chemical Kinetics
9. Surface Chemistry
10. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
11. Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals
13. s – Block Elements
14. p – Block Elements
15. d – and f – Block Elements
16. Co-ordination Compounds
17. Environmental Chemistry
18. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
19. Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
21. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
22. Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
23. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Chemistry in Everyday Life
27. Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
1. Physics and Measurement
3. Laws of Motion
4. Work, Energy and Power
5. Rotational Motion
7. Properties of Solids and Liquids
9. Kinetic Theory of Gases
10. Oscillations and Waves
12. Current Electricity
13. Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
14. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
15. Electromagnetic Wave
16. Electromagnetic Waves
17. Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
18. Atoms and Nuclei
19. Electronic Devices
20. Communication System
21. Experimental Skills
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||3rd week of November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of December 2017|
|Facility for Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test)||8 April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of April 2018|
To be eligible for IIT and NIT, the candidate should have at least 75% marks in 12th class or must be in top 20 percentile of their respective board. The qualify marks for SC/ST students is 65%. You can apply for JEE exam if you have less than 75% marks, but you will be able to apply only for Govt or private college, not IIT.
- The candidate should have passed/appearing 12th class.
- The candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, Math subjects in 12th class.
- Diploma Holder can apply for JEE Main 2018 exam, but they will be only able to get admission into IITs.
- The candidate should be born on or after 1st Oct 1993.
- 5 Year relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to the SC/ST and PWD candidates. ( DOB should be on or after 1st Oct 1988 )
Number Of Attempts
The total number of attempt to clear the JEE Main exam will be 3. The number of attempts is 2 for JEE Advanced.
JEE MAIN 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
You have 3 chance for JEE Main Exam. If your board percentage is less than 75% or you are not in top 20% percentile of your board then you are not eligible for JEE MAIN 2018 exam. However, if there is a single entrance exam for all engineering admission then you may be eligible for the JEE 2018 exam.
- The Paper-1 of Jee Main is for engineering also known as B.E/B.Tech.
- Jee Main paper-1 will be given both online and offline. But candidates are allowed to take only one exam mode.
- Paper-1 of the Jee main includes objective type questions.
- JEE Main Paper-1 question paper of will be available in both Hindi and English. The candidates writing an exam in Gujarat, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Daman Diu, will be able to write an exam in Gujarati also. The candidates have to fill question paper language while filling up the application form.
- The Exam duration will be 3 hours but 40% extra is given to the students with the disability, and the duration of exam will be 4 hours for them.
- The paper also includes negative marking of 1/4 marks for each wrong answer.Each correct question will carry 4 marks.
- The Paper-2 of Jee Main is for architecture also known as B.Arch/B.Planning.
- Jee Main paper-2 will be given only in offline.
- In the paper, 50 questions will be for aptitude test, 2 for drawing test and 30 questions for mathematics.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours for normal students and 4 hours for students with the disability.
- Objective type questions will carry 4 marks for the correct answer and 2 drawing questions will carry 70 marks.
- For the negative answer, 1/4 of the total marks allotted to that question will be deducted from the total marks.
Slot Booking – The candidates will be able to book their slot for the online exam.
No Weightage to 12th Marks – During calculating the JEE Main rank, 12th class roll number will not be required.
Admission in IIT & NIT – To qualify for IIT and NIT, the candidates should have at least 75% marks ( 65% SC/ST ) in 12th class or should be in top 20 percentile in the 12th class conducted by their respective board.
J&K, Assam, Meghalaya – Candidates from these states will have to provide the passport number, ration card number, or any other valid ID’s card number.