The recent IB Exam Pattern is as stated below:
- There are 3 stages that a candidate needs to qualify to get recruited as an Assistant Central Intelligence Officer with the Intelligence Bureau of India.
- The 3 stages of Exam will be as follows:
- Preliminary Exam (Tier I)
- Mains Exam (Tier II)
- The Preliminary & Mains Exam will be written and the third stage will be the Interview.
IB Exam Pattern for Prelims – Tier I
The Tier I Stage will be a written exam of 1 hour. This exam will have four different sections consisting of 100 marks.
|Subject||No. of Qs||Max
- A total of 100 questions will be asked in this exam.
- This is an Objective Test.
- There is Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- A candidate is allowed to appear for Tier II only after qualifying Tier I.
IB Exam Pattern for Mains – Tier II
The Ter II exam will be of 50 marks and will consist questions from two subjects.
|Essay (1 Topic)||30||1 Hour|
- The Mains Exam will be of 50 marks.
- This is a Written Descriptive Paper.
- The Minimum Cut off for Tier II is 33%.
IB Exam Pattern for Interview
- The Final stage i. e the Interview will consist of 100 marks.
- On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates will be short listed for the Interview.
- The final selection of the candidates will be based on the combined score of Tier I, Tier II & Interview.
The IB ACIO Eligibility Criteria 2017 can be defined as the set of norms of age and educational qualification which the applicants have to fulfill to be eligible for the exam. The complete details of IB ACIO 2017 eligibility has been explained below for the convenience of aspirants.
All the applicants will have to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions to be admitted for the written exam of IB ACIO 2017. Applicants should note that mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and appearing for the exam will not ensure their appointment to post and admission to exam is purely provisional.
Candidates qualifying all the stages of IB ACIO selection procedure will have to appear for document verification. If on verification at later stage, it is found that they do not fulfill all eligibility conditions; their candidature will be canceled/ rejected and fee paid for examination will be forfeited.
Age Limit: MHA has decided on the age limit for the applicants interested to participate in the recruitment. Applicants should be within the age bracket of 18-27 years. Candidates belonging to specific categories will be offered age relaxation. Check the age relaxation offered to different in the table below.
|S. No.||Category||Age Relaxation||Upper Age Limit|
|1||SC/ST||Five Years||32 Years|
|2||OBC||Three Years||30 Years|
|3||Departmental Candidates who have given 3 years of regular and continuous service||Thirteen Years||40 Years|
|4||widows/Divorced women, Women separated from husbands and not remarried (General)||7 Years||35 Years|
|5||SC/ST widows/Divorced women, Women separated from husbands and not remarried||Thirteen Years||40 Years|
|6||Ex-Serviceman domiciled in J &K from Jan 1, 1980 to Dec. 31 1989/Children & Dependants of victims of communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat/||As per the government instructions issued time to time in this regard.|
Educational Qualification: Applicants will need to posses certain academic qualifications in order to be eligible for participation in the recruitment process. Check the desired and essential educational qualification as per the IB ACIO eligibility criteria given below.
- Essential: Should have qualified Graduation or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Desired: Knowledge of Computers.
All the applicants will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of IB ACIO specified here before they fill the IB ACIO application form. Candidates should note that applications submitted without the fulfillment of eligibility conditions will not be allowed to participate and their applications will be rejected. Check complete details of the application process of IB ACIO through the given link.
#1. Fill in the Blanks
#2. Error Spotting
#3. Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction
#4. Phrase or Idiom Meaning
#6. One Word Substitution
#7. Synonyms & Antonyms
#8. Para Jumble/Sentence Jumble
#9. Reading Comprehension
#10. Cloze Test
#1. Number System
#5. Mixture problems
#7. Profit and Loss
#8. Speed Time And Distance
#9. Time and Work
#11. Permutation and Combination
#16. Data Interpretation
#1. Sitting Arrangement
#4. Coding Decoding
#5. Directions & Distances
#6. Blood Relations
#7. Ordering & Ranking
#8. Venn diagram
#9. Non Verbal Reasoning
IB Syllabus – General Awareness
#1. Current Affairs
#6. Science & Technology
Salary Structure of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
The Job is known for its lavish salary structure. The pay scale is 9300- 34,800 that varies based the on the area of posting. Besides this, the selected candidates will get special security allowances.
- Gross salary in Metro Cities – 68,256
- Gross salary in Rural Areas – 61,064
Job Posting of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
- IB ACIO is a very unpredicted job, one can be posted in any state including border regions.
- It is one of the very risky jobs. Hence, female candidates are not posted on the border and Naxalist region.
Training of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
Every batch of ACIO, which happens once in 2 years, has 750 Joinees. But, the training center at Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh can accommodate only 120 trainees at a time. So, these 750 people are divided into 6 batches and are sent to training one-by-one.
The training comprises of three stages:
- Phase 1 Training – Shivpuri, MP – 60 Days
- Phase 2 Training – Delhi – 60 Days
- Phase 3 – On The Job Training – 60 Days